Adelaide Boutique Law Firm
Built on results, JL Lawyers is a boutique law firm specialising in commercial, property and taxation law. Dedicated to providing value and certainty, we offer responsive, efficient and tailored legal services that are focused on value-add propositions for our clients and their businesses.
Collectively, sixty-five years of commercial legal practice and experience is on offer from our three owner/directors, John Levy, Talia Begley and Nathaniel Nguyen. A large proportion of these years were spent within the ‘Top 10’ national law firms.
As a firm, we are flexible and nimble and actively leverage our strong business relationships with strategic partners in the accounting and financial industries (amongst others) to assist us to successfully meet our clients’ professional needs in a holistic and time effective manner. Not hampered by excessive resources or significant overheads, our firm has personality, agility and confidence in the delivery of a highly valued and trusted legal service.
JL Lawyers is pleased to welcome O’Briens Solicitors as a member of the JL Lawyers Group.
- Sale of business assets
- Business and investment structures
- Protecting naming rights and commercial reputations
- Healthcare and Pharmacy
- Restructuring of business and personal affairs
- Implications of latest CGT and stamp duty tax reforms
- Estate and succession planning implementation
- Not for Profit
- Succession planning
- Family farm stamp duty
- Primary production leases
- WET and GST issues
- Negotiating grower and supply contracts
- Rural property sales and purchases
- Wine Businesses
- Retail and commercial leasing
- Lease negotiations and advice
- Property development
- Property Joint Ventures
John has nearly 30 years’ experience in acting in commercial, corporate and tax matters involving the provision of legal advice to private and public companies, high net worth individual and other SME clients and for clients in the not-for-profit sector.
John has had extensive experience in acting for a range of clients in the wine and agricultural industries.
- commercial transactions – structuring and restructuring of businesses in a tax effective manner, mergers and acquisitions, sales and divestments
- business agreements including shareholder and unit holder agreements, business succession agreements, joint venture agreements, terms of trade, intellectual property licensing agreement, loan and security documentation.
- corporate advisory – fundraising, corporate governance, financial services regulation
- taxation advisory – advising on a range of taxation issues and strategies involving income tax, stamp duty, land tax and GST.
Talia works closely with the accounting industry and other trusted advisors to deliver a ‘whole of business’ legal service to clients in a broad range of industries including property, medical, the retirement sector and not for profit clients.
Nathaniel has a broad range of legal experience in all areas of commercial and property law, advising mainly SMEs, with a particular focus on those within the community pharmacy and healthcare sectors.
Nathaniel aims to deliver commercial outcomes for his clients in a no fuss easy to understand way.
Tyson joined JL Lawyers as a Law Clerk in 2020 before moving to the position of Lawyer upon his admission to practice in 2021.
Tyson is a lawyer working in our commercial transactions, corporate advisory and taxation advisory teams. Tyson has experience advising on Federal and State taxation law and assisting on commercial transactions in the agribusiness, property, retail pharmacy and retirement sectors.
Oliver joined JL as a GDLP student in the middle of 2020, before being admitted to practice as a Lawyer a year later.
Oliver is a lawyer working in our corporate and commercial practices, specialising in the areas of private mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructures, corporate advisory, general commercial law, and civil litigation.
Oliver’s experience includes acting for clients in the agriculture, pharmacy, medical and retirement sector.
With more than 30+ years in the legal industry, Sia is in charge of practice management, business development and client relationships (if we are truly honest… she’s in charge full stop!).
Since the 1920s, O’Briens Solicitors has been providing exceptional legal services for individual and business clients in the Riverland and beyond, specialising in the areas of Wills, estate administration and planning, property and conveyancing law, agribusiness law and family law.